RE: sqlserver patch for Bable?

From: Subhan Michael Tindall
Subject: RE: sqlserver patch for Bable?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:00:29 +0000

OK, I've almost got this.  By modifying the msosql (deprecated) command I've
gotten pretty close.
I hard-coded some server info for ease of testing, the connection seems to be
working fine.
Then I had to track down & correct a problem with the temporary file names.
I'm on a windows system & it appears that something in the processing stream
was mangling the temp file names by adding an escape before the colon like this:
C:-> C\:
Which was causing a fail.
Fixed this by changing 'Temporary File Directory' to ~/temp
Now, however, I get the following errors:

(ob-sql.el )
                    ('msosql (format "osql %s -s \"\t\" -i %s -o %s"
                                     (or cmdline "")
                                     (org-babel-process-file-name in-file)
                                     (org-babel-process-file-name out-file)))
;;following is what I added, above is what existed already. Osql is deprecated
as a CLI to sqlserver
        ('mssqlcmd (format "sqlcmd %s -S FCSQLSVR3 -d PHTStaging -s \"\t\" -i
%s -o %s"
                   (or cmdline "")
                   (org-babel-process-file-name in-file)
                   (org-babel-process-file-name out-file)))

#+BEGIN_SRC sql :engine mssqlcmd
select count(*) from referral
#+END_SRC

When evaluated, *Org-Babel Error Output* gets:
Sqlcmd: Error: '-' or '/' does not have an associated argument.
Enter '-?' for help.
And the message buffer holds
executing Sql code block...
sqlcmd  -S FCSQLSVR3 -d PHTStaging -s " " -i
//fcfpsvr2/redir/Desktop/subhant/Desktop/home/temp/sql-in-12936ui1 -o
//fcfpsvr2/redir/Desktop/subhant/Desktop/home/temp/sql-out-12936gsE
Wrote //fcfpsvr2/redir/Desktop/subhant/Desktop/home/temp/ob-input-12936t2K
Babel evaluation exited with code 1

The in file holds the query as expected
The out file is empty
The fie ob-input-12936t2K does not exist

Any ideas where to look from here?