Circular dependencies between libraries - what to do?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Circular dependencies between libraries - what to do?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:21:13 +0200

Hi List,

I have libraries that depend on each other, and I'm not sure

 (1) how to use require without introducing circular dependencies?

 (2) how to declare their dependencies as MELPA packages?

1. When I put in

,----
| (require 'B)
`----

and in

,----
| (require 'A)
`----

I'm probably asking for trouble, but B actually does not work without A,
and A calls B functions, so they do require each other.

2. I'm struggling a bit with defining MELPA packages. Its pretty well
explained in

,----
| https://github.com/milkypostman/melpa
`----

but first I don't understand where the package doku comes from when
pressing RET in the *Packages* buffer:

,----
| anything is an uninstalled package.

| Start with M-x anything, narrow the list by typing some pattern,
| select with up/down/pgup/pgdown/C-p/C-n/C-v/M-v, choose with enter,
| left/right moves between sources.  With TAB actions can be selected
| if the selected candidate has more than one possible action.
|
| Note that anything.el provides only the framework and some example
| configurations for demonstration purposes.  See anything-config.el
| for practical, polished, easy to use configurations which can be
| used to assemble a custom personalized configuration.
`----

when the recipe looks e.g. like this:

,----
| (anything
|  :fetcher git
|  :url "http://repo.or.cz/r/anything-config.git";
|  :files ("*.el" "contrib/*" "extensions/*.el"))
`----

and second I don't see how I can declare dependencies between MELPA
packages, causing package B to be installed when A is installed - and
vice versa, but without circular loop ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten