Re: [FYI] The Lisp Machine is back

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [FYI] The Lisp Machine is back
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 05:11:34 +0200

"Chris F.A. Johnson" <chris@cfajohnson.com> writes:

> As the passage from RFC 3676 says, that should be two
> dashes and a space, '-- '. Two dashes alone don't do
> anything in most news/mail agents.

After running some tests, I can confirm that it should
be two dashes at the beginning of the line, then space,
then newline, then the signature. (It is actually
possible to have an empty signature but then the marker
to indicate the start of the signature doesn't make any
sense.)

In all other cases, at least with Gnus, it doesn't
work: e.g., a space before the first dash, or a char
after the space, or the signature being on the same
line (i.e., that coincides with the previous fail
case).

--
underground experts united