Slow frame-startup

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Slow frame-startup
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:36:02 -0400

I use emacs-client, and new frames often. Lately, however, I've noticed that it
can take up to 5 seconds for a new frame to start up. There seems to be work
going in to loading Helm completion each time, so I've disabled helm for a
while to see how the performance is. But it has me thinking; what other things
(say, in your .emacs file) can contribute to slow frame start-ups with an
already-running emacs/emacs-server instance?