Re: Inspecting functions returning complicated values

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Inspecting functions returning complicated values
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 02:36:42 +0200

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

> M-: (setq blah-blah (function-returning-hairy-stuff))
> C-h C-v blah-blah
>
> This seems a bit awkward, however. Is there a
> better/cleaner way?

Ha! Interesting question.

I guess I would simply write the above in an Elisp file
(with an .el extension) and then evaluate it. (Or even
insert it into the buffer.)

Otherwise you can just do it as you do (the
eval-expression or M-: part) and then `C-h e' or
view-echo-area-messages to examine the result in the
*Messages* buffer.

--
underground experts united