Re: Menus detachment feature.

From: Sergey Organov
Subject: Re: Menus detachment feature.
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:37:27 +0400

Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> writes:

> Sergey Organov <sorganov@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I suddenly found that my emacs (GNU Emacs 23.2.1, running on
>> Debian/Gnome) is capable of "detaching" some sub-menus and putting them
>> into separate frames.
>
> Could it be this is a Gnome feature? I don't see anything like that on
> my systems.

It must be both Gnome and Emacs feature then, as some of Emacs submenus
do have it, and some don't. For example, in "Options", the "Line
Wrapping in this Buffer" submenu has the dashed line, while neither
"Mule (Multilingual Environment)" nor "Customize Emacs" have one.

I can't figure any template, as some submenus of non-detachable menus
could be detachable, and vice versa. Moreover, ["Tools" "Spell
Checking"] has this active dashed line right in the middle (between
"Complete Word Fragment" and "Complete Word"), not at the top.

The latter makes one think it's some special kind of separator, but I
fail to see something relevant in 22.17.1.3 Menu Separators.

--
Sergey.