Temporary switching to another major mode

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Temporary switching to another major mode
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 23:13:58 +0200

Hi list,

so I have this small fragment which really belongs to another major
mode.  Maybe it's an Org-mode table embedded somewhere in a LaTeX file.
Maybe it's a LaTeX fragment in an email.  I would like to edit it
(e.g. in an indirect buffer) in its "native" mode (Org-mode, AUCTeX
etc.), then hit e.g. C-c C-c and have the temporary buffer disappear,
and the modified fragment update in the "base" buffer.

I am pretty sure there exist some tools for that.  Am I right?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University