Re: Looking for universal completion with simple UI

From: dont . spam . earl
Subject: Re: Looking for universal completion with simple UI
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 21:40:44 -0700 (PDT)

Drew - thanks for the response. Yes, Icicles is the most comprehensive package
for completion I've found, particularly for the mini buffer. I found it
especially helpful to read you explaining the philosophy here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2100166/making-sense-out-of-emacs-completion-mode-choices

It appears Icicles is focused on mini-buffer completion though. Any tips for
the various forms of in-buffer completion: searching, cycling through killed
text, etc.?