something.tex changed on disk; really edit the buffer?

From: agjf . tucker
Subject: something.tex changed on disk; really edit the buffer?
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 08:01:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

I am using Aquamacs with AUCTeX and Skim to edit and view LaTeX documents.  It
used to work just fine but when I upgraded to version 3.0a (based on Emacs 24),
I started to get these sorts of messages.

Specifically, I will have run LaTeX using the button at the top.  Then I will
try to start editing again.

At the bottom of the frame I will get my first message, "Something.tex changed
on disk; really edit the buffer? (y,n,r or C-h)"  I press "y" to keep editing.

Then when I go to run LaTeX again, a dialog box pops up saying, "something.tex
has changed since visited or saved.  Save anyway?"  I click on the "Yes" button
to run LaTeX.

Immediately I will get at the bottom of the frame, "something.tex changed on
disk; really edit the buffer? (y,n,r or C-h)".  I press "y".

And then it's fine again for a little while!

There is a thread about this already on the Aquamacs group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/aquamacs-devel/yX-kkfJTNlU.

There was some suggestion that it might be related to use of a file hosting
service like Dropbox, and it's true I used to have Dropbox installed.  But I
uninstalled it some time ago (because I thought that might resolve this
problem).

David Reitter (author of Aquamacs) says it is not a problem of his making and
that I might have better luck asking here.

Thanks, Alistair.