Re: DocView: process ps->pdf changed status to killed.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: DocView: process ps->pdf changed status to killed.
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 10:23:13 +0200

Pierre Lorenzon <devel@pollock-nageoire.net> writes:

Hi Pierre,

>> Ok.  Then let's check if doc-view itself kills the txt conversion
>> process.  To do that, please do `M-x trace-function RET
>> doc-view-kill-proc RET' and try opening your document and convert it
>> to text.
>
>   Here is what I get in the trace buffer :

> 1 -> doc-view-kill-proc:
> 1 <- doc-view-kill-proc: nil
> 1 -> doc-view-kill-proc:
> 1 <- doc-view-kill-proc: nil
>
>   But I cannot interpret that !

It means that some of your emacs' conditions (no image libs) cause
doc-view to kill the PDF to text conversion itself.  Now we need to find
out where that's done.

Could you please eval

  (defadvice doc-view-kill-proc (before debug-dvkp activate)
    (debug))

That will put you in the debugger whenever `doc-view-kill-proc' is
called.  Please post the contents of that *Backtrace* buffer.  In there,
you can resume the program by typing `c' (for continue).

Please find the pdf file again and post the contents of all *Backtrace*
buffers you get in the course of opening that file.

Bye,
Tassilo