Re: Emacs deadlocks on sub-process reads and writes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs deadlocks on sub-process reads and writes
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 16:17:57 +0300

> Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 23:38:15 -0700 (PDT)
> From: speech.free@gmail.com
>
> I can now verify that by locking out the blocking write we no longer have the
> deadlock. So this would appear to be an Emacs bug or feature. I am using the
> Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200) of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN binary
> downloaded from Gnu site.

Please try the 24.4-rc1 release candidate, this issue is supposed to
be solved there, or at least work better.

If the latest 24.4 version still doesn't solve the problem, please
file a bug report ("M-x report-emacs-bug RET") with all the details.
It would be best if you could show a short self-contained Lisp program
and a small C client program (or an existing utility) that together
demonstrate the problem.

Thanks.