How to bind a key locally to a buffer (not mode!)

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: How to bind a key locally to a buffer (not mode!)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 22:52:02 +0200

Hi all,

(global-set-key ...)

binds a key globally.

(local-set-key ...)

binds a key locally, i.e., in the current major mode.

I'd like to bind a key in /one buffer/ only, so that the rebinding does
not affect other buffers in this mode.  I could probably do it by
defining a minor mode, which rebinds this key to a function, which runs
a function set by a buffer-local variable, but this seems rather
convoluted.  Is there a simpler way to achieve this?

The rationale is that I'd like to have a command which makes an indirect
buffer of the current buffer and sets it into another mode; I'd like to
have then a command (bound to some key) which would kill that buffer
and select the base one back.  I /could/ also make this command
determine the base buffer based on the indirect buffer name (which I
derive from the bas buffer name by means of something like

(concat (buffer-name (current-buffer)) "-some-postfix")

but this doesn't seem too elegant.

Any hints?

--
Marcin Borkowski