Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:15:12 +0200

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 06:34:03AM -0700, Mike wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:44:15 AM UTC-4, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> >
> > Maybe you can try something like this in your init file:
> >
> > ;; set PATH to use standalone texlive instead
> >
> > (setenv "PATH" "/opt/texlive/2014/bin/x86_64-linux:$PATH" t)
> >

> Thank Suvayu for your reply.
> In fact, I am migrating from windows (and Code Block) to mac (and Emacs), so
> I am quite new to OS X 10.10 and Emacs.
> Could you please tell me how I can set the PATH as you said.
> Thank you.

What wrote above is emacs-lisp code which emacs understands.  So you
need to put that in your initialisation file.  Usually it is ~/.emacs,
if that is absent, ~/.emacs.d/init.el is used.  If on your system you do
not have the ~/.emacs file, just create a new one and the following line
(after modifying the path appropriately).

  (setenv "PATH" "/path/to/bin:$PATH" t)

So if you have gdb installed in /opt/local/bin, /path/to/bin should be
/opt/local/bin.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu