Re: Suite of Color Themes for console

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: Suite of Color Themes for console
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:10:57 -0700

Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
> I've downloaded a whole lot of color themes and have been
> experimenting with them. In some cases I find "munged" colors when I
> switch color schemes - and I'm guessing that is because when Theme B
> follows theme A, Theme B may not have all of the same attributes set
> as Theme A and thus "inherits" colors from Theme A. I don't really
> care for that.

The issue is that the old themes are still enabled. You can disable a
theme with `M-x disable-theme'.

If you'd prefer it to happen automatically when you `load-theme' a new
one, you could do something like this (untested):

    (defun disable-themes (&optional themes)
      (interactive)
      (mapc #'disable-theme (or themes custom-enabled-themes)))

    (defadvice load-theme (before disable-first activate)
      (disable-themes))

Actually, that disables the old theme before you've even selected a new
one, so it would probably be better to define your own `my-load-theme'
that disables the old theme(s) immediately before enabling the new one
but after you've selected it.

--
john