Re: how to display a character with a specific glyph and face ?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: how to display a character with a specific glyph and face ?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:30:04 -0400

> When I was using Emacs23, I had a piece of config to display
> « no-break space » character with another glyph (centered dot) an
> a specific face (with a blue background) :

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wonder why you need
this customization.  By default the NBSP char is highlighted with
`escape-glyph' face already, so the only difference is that additionally
to having a special color you replace the "whitespace" with
a centered dot.

Is there a strong reason why you need this extra behavior, or is it just
something you've gotten used to?

        Stefan "just curious"