Re: Find bindings for all modes

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Find bindings for all modes
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:46:33 -0800

* John Mastro <john.b.mastro@gmail.com> [141029 15:08]:
> Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure I understand John Mastro & Tim Johnson are trying to
> > achieve here.  However, there are a few keys that are much less trouble
> > to use:
>
> Fair warning - this will probably be of interest to approximately noone,
> but I'll share my thinking anyway :)
>
> My goal is to have a general-purpose prefix key on the right hand side
> of the keyboard, to complement C-c.
  C-c ; is available
  But, see

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Key-Binding-Conventions.html
  and the following statement there :
  "Sequences consisting of C-c followed by {, }, <, >, : or ; are
  also reserved for major modes."
  But that would work really well for me ...
  Other comments are welcome.
--
Tim