Question at Emacs.SE: Practical benefits of new advice system in Emacs 2

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Question at Emacs.SE: Practical benefits of new advice system in Emacs 24.4
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 18:19:51 +0000

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/3079/50

This sounds like a question someone in here might know.
In summary (for those who don't want to follow the link), here's what's
being asked:

--------------------------------------
 What are the practical benefits and implications of this new package?

   -

   If I am only using advice to customize Emacs (as opposed to writing
   add-on packages), do I need to switch to the new system? Will it replace
   the old system at some point?
   -

   What *exactly* can I do with the new system that I can't accomplish with
   defadvice?
   -

   What is the significance of being able to "add/remove code on any
   function-carrying place"?

Cheers
Artur