Re: Emacs for Windows

From: Sampath Weerasinghe
Subject: Re: Emacs for Windows
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 17:56:59 -0800

i also had similar troubles, i downloaded emacs by googling emacs windows

 im using windows 8 with gui mode emacs

emacs will cause so much cpu usage the entire system becomes unresposive
and it would use a lot of memeory while working with very small files.

often these troubles start when quickly saving/closing multiple
emacs  windows.

so nowadays i use console mode emacs through ssh, tmux on my remote ubuntu
ec2 instance.  scrolling is a pain, but id rather not have a hung OS.

-Sam