emacs 24.4 disable popup in minibuffer

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: emacs 24.4 disable popup in minibuffer
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 12:39:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I upgraded to emacs 24.4.1 on debian jessie and I was pretty impressed by the
changelog!

However, one thing is not working so well for me: the popup completion in the
minibuffer (which now seems to be the default). I preferred the old behaviour
because the popup resizes the minibuffer, and more importantly, I think it is
interfering with `magit-find-file-completing-read` which is possibly my most
heavily-used feature.

1. Has anybody else also experienced problems with the magit file finder?
2. How can I turn off the popup completion in the minibuffer?

Best regards,
Sam

PS: https://github.com/fommil/unix/blob/master/.emacs