Re: Comparing last modification time without dired?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Comparing last modification time without dired?
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 13:04:19 +0100

"Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:

> >    (read-buffer "Buffer A to compare: " (cons (current-buffer) nil))
> Wrong type argument: stringp, #<buffer alternative_cluster_software.org>

This obviously happens with helm-mode.  I wouldn't call this a bug in
helm though, since `read-buffer' returns a string, so the default
value(s) should be specified as strings as well:

   (read-buffer "Buffer A to compare: " (cons (buffer-name) nil))

BTW, one could limit the candidates to choose from to buffers that are
currently displayed, if you would prefer that. You could also get the
selection done by clicking windows with the mouse like
`ediff-windows-linewise' does in trunk.

Michael.