help autocompletion glitch

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: help autocompletion glitch
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 18:16:43 +0100

I just stumbled upon a cool glitch in the matrix*.

Hit `C-h f' and type "gnus-summary--reset", then
strike `M-b' and hit TAB. Now it says
"gnus-summary--invreset", so hit RET.

    gnus-summary--invreset is an alias for
    `gnus-summary--invreset', which is not defined.
    Please make a bug report.

Of course, there is no gnus-summary--invreset
(deadlock) alias (but there is a `gnus-summary--inv')
so that's a bug I won't report...

I have seen such messages before so I suppose it is a
well-known bug (I'll report it just the same) but I
thought I'd mention it when I suddenly came a across
an example that is reproducible enough.

* "The Matrix" - "Electronic mail moves from the
Internet to the outernets through email gateways, the
connecting points that translate the different email
protocols of each network. More and more of the
outernets are setting up email gateways to the
Internet. This worldwide system of networks and
gateways has been called the Matrix ... a book called
"The Matrix: Computer Networks and Conferencing
Systems Worldwide", a sort of Michelin guide for
pioneers on the electronic frontier ... [1]

[1] https://www.urz.uni-heidelberg.de/Netzdienste/internet/what/companion.html

--
underground experts united