Re: emacs 24.4 disable popup in minibuffer

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: emacs 24.4 disable popup in minibuffer
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 01:13:29 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, 7 November 2014 22:35:15 UTC, John Mastro  wrote:
> Sam Halliday <sam.halliday@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd be greatly obliged if you could have a look and see if there is
> > anything obvious that could be done to disable the popup in the
> > minibuffer.
>
> You could try one of the two options below (untested, sorry).
>
> But there's a good chance Stefan will have a better idea so it may be
> worth waiting :)
>
>     ;; Option 1
>     (defun popup-disable-in-minibuffer ()
>       (set (make-local-variable 'popup-complete-enable) nil))
>
>     (add-hook 'minibuffer-setup-hook 'popup-disable-in-minibuffer)
>
>     ;; Option 2
>     (defun no-popup-in-minibuffer (function &rest args)
>       (let ((popup-complete-enable (and (not (minibufferp))
>                                         popup-complete-enable)))
>         (apply function args)))
>
>     (advice-add 'popup-complete--in-region
>                 :around #'no-popup-in-minibuffer)

Thanks John,

The author of the package issued an update which allows for the mode to be
enabled for user specified modes
https://github.com/syohex/emacs-popup-complete/commit/0c5b7a4efc89fe12b30ea2996f157437d78b613e
 That serves my purposes. (advice-add ...) is a pretty sweet thing, I'd
probably have gone for that if the package remained unchanged.