Re: highlight breakpoints with pdb?

From: Xin Jin
Subject: Re: highlight breakpoints with pdb?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 01:17:16 -0800 (PST)

On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:01:38 PM UTC-8, Andreas Röhler wrote:
> On 18.11.2014 23:29, Xin Jin wrote:
> > I use pdb with gud to debug python scripts. I am just wondering if there is
> > way to highlight the lines with breakpoints? For example, in some
> > screenshots of gud-gdb, some people seem to have red circles to the left of
> > lines with breakpoints. How to achieve that with pdb? And is there a way to
> > list all breakpoints (like the breakpoints buffer of gud-gdb)?
> >
> > I actually tried realgud once, and it did have this feature. However,
> > realgud is lacking documentation, and I find it extremely confusing to use.
> > I have very limited knowledge of elisp, so I cannot figure out what is
> > going on without a more detailed guide.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> This should be possible. Exists a related feature request already at
> python-mode.el's side
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode/+bug/1248657

Actually putting a breakpoint in emacs is very easy (just type, say, "b 10" to
put a breakpoint at line 10). And I've figured out how to list all breakpoints
(just type "b").

What I wanted  is the feature that would put a red icon to left of the lines
with breakpoints, like this:
http://csm.mech.utah.edu/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Emacs-with-GDB-Breakpoint.jpg