Re: Disappointed by texinfo @anchor construct

From: Alan
Subject: Re: Disappointed by texinfo @anchor construct
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 05:43:22 -0800 (PST)

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 5:19:28 PM UTC-6, Robert Thorpe wrote:
> Alan <wehmann_at_fnal.gov> writes:
>
> > If I start up Emacs with no initialization file then reference
> > to an anchor works properly--i.e. as described in the texinfo
> > Info file.  So, the problem is something that needs fixing in
> > my initialization file.
>
> You probably have some code that switches buffers in a careless way.
> Something that is called frequently as a background task is setting the
> current buffer to fundamental-mode then exiting without switching it
> back.
>
> You could bisect your init file.
>
> BR,
> Robert Thorpe

The problem arose when I was using "man2texi" to create Perl texinfo files from
Perl man pages (I wasn't aware of "perldoc-all" at the time--see my initial
posting).  I decided to try to keep the bolding and italics seen in the man
pages, in the info file.  I implemented this by bracketing such text with
special characters, in the texinfo file.  Then, in the generated info
file--when used--I had lisp code create extents and eliminate the special
characters.  I did this by advising function "Info-find-node" so that my lisp
code ran after it did.  I neglected to put 'save-excursion in my lisp code;
that didn't seem to matter until I started using the @anchor construct.  Adding
'save-excursion to my lisp function solved my problem.