RE: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 07:47:10 -0800 (PST)

> Single frame for Ediff: A on top, B in the middle, Control at
> bottom.  The separate control frame is a nuisance with
> focus-follows-mouse, it almost always is out of focus, loses
> the cursor, or misbehaves in other fashions...

Seems like that is something that could be fixed.  Have you
thought about filing a bug report / enhancement request?
(`M-x report-emacs-bug')

FWIW, I've been using Ediff with separate frames for decades,
and I don't have any such problem.  But I don't use
`focus-follows-mouse'.

In principle, Ediff should play well with separate frames.