Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?

From: Ralf Fassel
Subject: Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:57:48 +0100

* Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
| > Single frame for Ediff: A on top, B in the middle, Control at
| > bottom.  The separate control frame is a nuisance with
| > focus-follows-mouse, it almost always is out of focus, loses
| > the cursor, or misbehaves in other fashions...
>
| Seems like that is something that could be fixed.  Have you
| thought about filing a bug report / enhancement request?
| (`M-x report-emacs-bug')

It's not a bug... :-) I don't think there is anything that emacs can do
about it.  If I want focus-follows-mouse (and I want it :-), then moving
the mouse out of the ediff control frame really should move the mouse
out of it, and not try to be helpful and force the mouse inside the
control frame or such nonsense.

I now have bound a key to get my ediff control panel back:
    <C-M-up> runs the command (lambda nil (interactive) (let ((buf
    (get-buffer "*Ediff Control Panel*"))) (if buf (pop-to-buffer buf)))),
    which is an interactive Lisp function.
and then C-l recenters everything (could even pack that in the
keybinding, but...)

My EUR 0.02
R'