Re: When do you prefer windows instead of frames? Was: When do you prefe

From: MBR
Subject: Re: When do you prefer windows instead of frames? Was: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:40:27 -0500

Be very careful with the phrase "use ... as easily as you can use ...". There are some people out there who consider pointing with the mouse easy. I, on the other hand find it easier to use the keyboard. The keyboard, along with Emacs' wide array of cursor positioning commands, gives me the ability to quickly and easily get to specific precise positions - at least precise based on character position in a character cell terminal or editor window.

There are probably other areas where different Emacs users would have diametrically opposite views on what they consider to be easy.

   Mark Rosenthal