Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:37:15 -0500

On 11/24/2014 11:40 AM, Raffaele Ricciardi wrote:
The usefulness of frames is evident for buffers that update their
content according to the current buffer (like Speedbar and ECB). Besides
this kind of use, when do you prefer frames instead of windows?

I always have 10's of frames open when coding, so I can easily switch between them, while each is a full window.

I use windows a lot in conjunction with keyboard macros. The macro will do something in one window, switch to the other window to do something else, then back.

E.g., converting a big case statement <-> macro #defines, making function prototypes from functions, any repetitive multi-file macro.