Re: email client for only reading email from mbox

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: email client for only reading email from mbox
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:40:52 +0200

> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 21:01:08 -0800 (PST)
> From: right.ho@gmail.com
>
> > Did you try Rmail?  "C-u M-x rmail RET mbox-file RET" will allow you
> > to read mail from the named "mbox-file" (which stands for the file
> > name where you have that mbox).
>
> It opened the 600MB file as a text file, not as a list of emails, along with
> ^M for each line. Did you mean this?

No, of course not.  Make the file be in Unix EOL format first, I think
that's your problem.  You can do this in Emacs, like this:

  M-x find-file-literally RET file-name RET
  C-x RET f unix RET
  C-x C-s

Then kill the buffer and repeat the "C-u M-x rmail" command above.

If that doesn't work, either, perhaps your mbox is not in the mbox
format understood by Rmail (you should have error messages in that
case).