Re: Forwarding Emacs.SE questions to help-gnu-emacs

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Forwarding Emacs.SE questions to help-gnu-emacs
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 16:36:26 +0000

Ok, thanks to all who replied here. I've been overworked but I haven't
forgotten this.

As it turns out, I was wrong in thinking 1/day was the slowest option
available, the site does have weekly newsletters as well (I was just
looking in the wrong place).
Furthermore, this weekly newsletter is of much nicer quality than the
daily emails. Instead of just listing everything, it lists questions
which got a lot of attention (and are thus presumed to be interesting)
and lists those who didn't get any answers (and thus would benefit
from more attention).
It seems reasonable to use that as a starting point, and then we can
see whether we want more frequent updates or if nobody cares.

The only question is now how to send this newsletter here to the list.
I've set up a dummy account at the site, and I could just add the
help-gnu-emacs address as the target for the newsletter. A
confirmation e-mail will arrive first, to verify the address, but that
should be it.
I think that's a fine approach, but I'd rather be safe than sorry so
I'm asking here first.

Best,