Re: Forwarding Emacs.SE questions to help-gnu-emacs

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Forwarding Emacs.SE questions to help-gnu-emacs
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 10:24:24 +0000

>> But you shouldn't limit the newsletter to only emacs.SE, because
>> there is emacs activity on other sites too which shouldn't be
>> excluded:
>>
>> http://stackexchange.com/filters/19474/emacs-questions
>>
>> So you should subsribe to a filter like this, instead of to
>> only one site's newsletter.
>
> +1
>
> In particular, Stack Overflow.
>
> And add filtering (separately) over tag `elisp'.  Good posts
> are sometimes tagged with one and not the other.
>

>> Though I don't know if there is a way to subscribe to only to the top voted
>> questions of a filter.

Tom nailed the problem here. As far as I can tell, you can't. The
filter just sends you everything inside it, and it's at least once a
day.
Newsletters have better quality (only top/unanswered questions) and
are 1/week. But newsletters are for an entire site, they can't filter
by tag.

So if want questions from SO (and other sites), it needs to be
everything under the `emacs' (and `elisp') tag and be 1/day.