Re: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-kill-newsgroup

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-kill-newsgroup
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 09:25:53 +0300

David Hume (2014-12-06 01:56 +0300) wrote:

> Help. I am being driven crazy by this error. I don't know what it means,
> what it is trying to do, how to get rid of it. I fear I will have to
> delete everything and start again. It happens when I start gnus. If I
> start with gnus-no-server I don't get the error. I am not sure if I will
> succeed in posting this...

This error means that there is no such function as
`gnus-kill-newsgroup', but it is calling for some reason.  I found this:
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2012-07/msg00393.html>,
so IIUC that function was obsolete for a long time before it was
removed.  My guess the problem is that you use it in your emacs config.
Try to start gnus with "emacs -Q".

--
Alex