Re: How to get rid of default lines in the *scratch* buffer

From: chickenkinwing
Subject: Re: How to get rid of default lines in the *scratch* buffer
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 20:08:33 -0800 (PST)

Thanks everyone for posting replies to my question.

With emacs -Q, I did not get the 2 lines.

My .emacs already has these lines:
(setq inhibit-startup-message t)
(setq initial-scratch-message nil)

I am leaning to agree with the hypothesis put forth by Robert Thorpe: wrong
output buffer for 2 packages during initialization.

I am too lazy to find out which.

So, I put the following 2 statements at the end of my .emacs file.
And it kills all text in the *scratch* at startup.

(switch-to-buffer-other-frame "*scratch*")
(delete-region (point-min) (point-max))

Thanks, Robert, specifically for the delete-region function suggestion.