Re: pirate bay, w3m, and the interface is just an interface (BEST post e

From: Paul Rankin
Subject: Re: pirate bay, w3m, and the interface is just an interface (BEST post ever)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:57:27 +1000

Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> at 10:46 on 14 Dec 2014:

> Look, I'm not advocating piracy - or saying you
> shouldn't do it, for that matter - I'm saying

Look, you quite clearly are, which is quite offensive for those of us
who believe that all people should be afforded equal rights under the
law, including that tiny minority who strive to improve the world
through the creation of art. It's not up to you to decide that this
minority does not deserve the right to the work to which they give their
lives.

Please refrain from posting such discriminatory ideology to a public
list.

--
Paul W. Rankin
http://www.paulwrankin.com

Before printing this email please take a moment to think about the
environment. Just stop and think about it. Think about the last time you
were walking alone in a forest, how you felt at peace, how a wave of
clarity seemed to overcome you and you had to stop and reevaluate your
life, what you're doing with the limited time you have here. "Damn," you
thought, "life is so precious. I should really be doing ______." Are you
doing that now? Why not? Go on, pick up your computer and throw it out
the window! It'll be great, like that scene from Network where everyone
starts yelling "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANY
MORE." That'll be you, but it will be real. Now's your moment.