Re: Problem Undoing Text Properties In Gnu Emacs 24, Is this a bug?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Problem Undoing Text Properties In Gnu Emacs 24, Is this a bug?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 01:53:04 +0000

gtr289@gmail.com writes:
> Perhaps I will re-visit font-lock-mode again when I have some time. If
> it can be configured to highlight only comments with good performance,
> I would want to head in that directions..

If you use large buffers it can be useful to use the command
jit-lock-stealth-fontify.  If you leave Emacs idle it will use that time
to fontify the off-screen text.  Normally Emacs doesn't do
this, it only fontifies as you move through text looking at the context
around point.

There's a variable jit-lock-stealth-time that specifies how many seconds
of idle time Emacs will wait before doing this.  If you're the kind of
person who loads up Emacs with everything he needs in the morning then
goes to get a cup of coffee then everything should be fontified by the
time you've got back.

BR,
Robert Thorpe