incremental search for "OK " matches "OK" followed by ^M for CR !?

From: ISHIKAWA,Chiaki
Subject: incremental search for "OK " matches "OK" followed by ^M for CR !?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 04:07:17 +0900

Hi,

With the latest released emacs,
I noticed that when editing a file with mixed line ending of LF-only, and CR-LF variety (I am editing a file that contains an excerpt from a terminal session recorded by "script" command. These recorded lines are shown as ending with ^M) ,
incremental search, C-S, for "OK " matches
the string "OK" that is followed by CR which is shown as ^M.

That is, "OK " seems to match
literal "OK " and also "OK" at the end of a line with CRLF ending.
I was surprised to find the "OK^M" as being high-lighted (as possible matches are these days with font lock or whaever).

I don't think this was the case before, and the extra match
with "OK^M" interfered my search for a meaningful message line that contains literal "ok ".

Anyone noticed this?

TIA