Re: How to cite the Emacs and Calc manuals?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to cite the Emacs and Calc manuals?
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 06:04:43 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> as in the subject. (I want to offer some BSc thesis
> topics based on Emacs Calc, and I am required by my
> faculty to give not only the proposed title, but also
> some literature on the subject.)

Do you cite that differently from other books?

I know you know Biblatex:

    @Book{dyson,
    author = {Peter Dyson},
    title = {The Unix Desk Reference: The hu.man Pages},
    publisher = {SYBEX},
    year = 1996,
    ISBN = {0-7821-1658-2}}

By the way, I think it was gnuplot: the first time you
use it it outputs an entry just like that how to cite
it in a paper!

While I think that is a bit silly, software COULD come
with an option, e.g. --cite so you could output it
that way (and/or it could be mentioned in the man
page). Why not? It is easy to do and some people would
actually use it as well.

--
underground experts united