Re: Boldface typing

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: Boldface typing
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 04:48:26 -0800 (PST)

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 4:34:34 PM UTC+5:30, Rasmus wrote:
> Marcin Borkowski writes:
>
> > On 2014-12-31, at 05:55, Rusi wrote:
> >
> >> emacs does a rather poor job of word processing
> >>
> >> The solution in the emacs/unix world 20 years ago was latex/groff etc -- ie
> >> document processors
> >
> > Today, the solution is LaTeX (without the groff part), possibly ConTeXt
> > (see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page), and of course the new kid
> > on the block, Org-mode (which can export to LaTeX, but not (yet) to
> > ConTeXt).
>
> It also exports to odt which in turn can be edited in libreoffice.

Yes, but once one starts editing in libreoffice, either
1. The edits have to be hand-patched back into emacs-org
or
2. One has to discard the org and then on stick to editing with libreoffice

IOW if the odt-org bridge were two-way that would be pure bliss!
But I guess that is about 5 times harder than a one-way exporter