Re: Abbrevs for the most frequent elisp symbols

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Abbrevs for the most frequent elisp symbols
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 19:46:49 -0200

company comes with a backend that matches the initials of defined symbols,
the only difference is that you have to type the hyphens, so a modification
of that backend would be a viable approach for this menu that's being
suggested.
That seems like a worthy addition to company-mode for me.

Still, I think that should be something separate from this system that's
being discussed. When there are collisions, I prefer to use the most common
option than to pop-up a completions menu. That's how my setup works right
now, it's part of what makes it fast and it feels awesome. :-)
Besides, I feel Emacs has enough options when it comes to completions, and
I'd rather this not be Yet Another One.

Maybe SPC could trigger the most common expansion (a la abbrev) and TAB
could trigger the completions menu (a la company).