Re: New to Bookmark+: Bookmarks for reading

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: New to Bookmark+: Bookmarks for reading
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 15:23:21 -0500

I think you took a different meaning (although your post is very helpful). My
usage is as follows:

Suppose I've begun reading a lengthy file in a buffer. I bookmark my place to
return later: my bookmark is on line 100. Later, I visit the bookmark and
resume at line 100. I read for a while and now want to bookmark my place at
line 500. With vanilla bookmarks, I would just use `C-x r m`, hit "enter" to
use the suggestion (current bookmark), and next time I'll resume at line 500.

As per your suggestion I've tested out methods in BM+. However, simply
resetting (`C-x r m`) DOES lose any tag information, while the
name-and-location commands not only force me through extra menus, but seem
geared for changes of hard drive location, not line/point location.

Is there a simple way to update a bookmark's point location in Bookmark+?