customise grep-find

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: customise grep-find
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 02:14:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I use grep-find a lot[1] but it irks me that:

1. it opens the results in a new window
2. when selecting a result (e.g. with RET), navigation happens in the other
window.

Ideally I'd like the results buffer to appear in the current window, and for
selected entries to open in a new window.

Sadly I was unable to find any way to customise this behaviour in the docs[2].

Does anybody have a way to customise either of these two actions?

[1] https://github.com/fommil/unix/blob/master/.emacs#L130
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Grep-Searching.html

Best regards, Sam