Re: customise grep-find

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: customise grep-find
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 00:37:20 +0000

Sam Halliday <sam.halliday@gmail.com> writes:

> I think that is the same behaviour as I'm currently seeing. I want to
> navigate in the current window, not the other one.

So, you want the *grep* buffer to open with the cursor in it rather than
with the cursor in the buffer you started in?

That's going to be tricky.  Grep & grep-find work by using compile
mode.  This is compile mode's default behaviour, it can't be easily
changed as far as I can tell.  Changing the code in compile.el would
change all buffers that use it.

BR,
Robert Thorpe