[Gnus] Invalid buffer type?

From: ernobe
Subject: [Gnus] Invalid buffer type?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:45:06 -0600

Hi,
I've been trying to get gnus-use-trees to work, with
gnus-add-configuration, like so:

(setq gnus-use-trees t
        gnus-tree-minimize-window nil)
(gnus-add-configuration
  '(article
     (vertical 1.0
        (tree 1.0 point)
        (article 0.85))))

Now the trees appear, but when I select an article, point goes to the end
of the tree buffer, not to the corresponding tree node.

But if I put point in the article buffer and select the next article
with 'N' it says 'Invalid buffer type: (vertical 1.0 (summary 0.25
point) (article 1.0))'.  This piece of code does not appear in the
gnus-buffer-configuration variable, which is where changes in
gnus-add-configuration go.  Probably point is going to where it is sent
with that piece of code.  Any pointers?

The funny thing is, if I remove all the above code from .emacs, and put
point in the article buffer and select the next one with 'N' it just
works.

--
"The world of existence is an emanation of the merciful attribute of God."
Abdu'l-Baha