Re: Two escapes as a prefix

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Two escapes as a prefix
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 03:11:45 +0000

Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> writes:

> To be clear, I'm proposing alternate bindings, so possible
> overwrites by incidental major or minor modes wouldn't "cripple" me.
>
> I'd welcome comments and observations. I expect I will be
> edified serendipitously.

That seems like a great idea.  For some reason though it seems to
interfer with the key's normal functioning.  If I bind '(kbd "ESC M-p")'
then the intended key works but, the normal 'p' key stops working.  I
could see why this could happen on terminals, though I don't understand
why it happens on Emacs in X.

BR,
Robert Thorpe