Re: Help for configure rmail

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Help for configure rmail
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 02:51:23 +0000

Albino Biasutti Neto <bino@riseup.net> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am having trouble configuring the rmail in Emacs. I can not find
> anything to help me.
>
> Does anyone have the settings and can help me?

It's in the Emacs manual, it's not very difficult:
* Install movemail from GNU Mailutils or use the Emacs one.
* Put something like this in your init file

(setq rmail-primary-inbox-list
      (cons (concat "imap://" ;; Or pop.
                              ;; Emacs movemail only does pop.
                    "Email Login"
                    ":Email Password"
                    "@address-of-isp.com") nil))

If you omit the password then it asks you when you use it the first
time.

Check out the variable "rmail-automatic-folder-directives" for sorting
your mail.

BR,
Robert Thorpe