How make Dired open selected files in a SPECIFIC window when there are m

From: Chris Seberino
Subject: How make Dired open selected files in a SPECIFIC window when there are multiple windows?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:10:40 -0800 (PST)

I'd like to keep a small Dired window open that I can keep selecting files
from, and, have them all open in a specific big window.

(I'm basically trying to mimic an IDE where you have a "file chooser" widget.)

How do that?

Thanks!

Chris

P.S. Here is my code so far if curious...

(global-set-key (kbd "C-t")       (lambda (project)
                                          (split-window-below)
                                          (enlarge-window 9)
                                          (windmove-down)
                                          (interactive "sProject: ")
                                          (find-file project)
                                          (split-window-right)
                                          (windmove-right)
                                          (ansi-term "zsh")
                                          (windmove-up)))

It creates a "T shape" with a big window for editing and 2 smaller windows
for shell commands and Dired stuff.  Problem is that if I select a file in that
Dired window it open in the same tiny window!