Re: determining process coding

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: determining process coding
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:22:17 +0200

> From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:49:02 +0800
>
> > Look in the places that create the strings which are then sent with
> > nnimap-send-command.  If they are encoded, they will be encoded where
> > they are consed.
>
> I'm feeling dense here, but really not seeing anything. All the strings
> are just fed to `nnimap-send-command' as they are.

I suggested to look higher in the calling sequence.

If that doesn't help, I suggest to ask on the Gnus mailing list, where
you'll find people who know how this stuff works, and will point you
to the right place.

> If I'm not wrong about that, what's the most reliable way to figure out
> what encoding will end up getting used when talking to the server?

I was trying to help you figure that out.  I'm sorry, I don't know
Gnus and nnimap well enough to do better.