ediff/vc work with Cliosoft SOS?

From: unfrostedpoptart
Subject: ediff/vc work with Cliosoft SOS?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:59:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi.

I've used VC and related modes for years to interface to RCS, CVS, and
Subversion.  I'm now working on a project that uses Cliosoft's SOS package.
The command-line interface is very similar to the others but it has it's own
server/client setup and I don't know how (or if it's possible) to get it to
work from within emacs (running 24.4.1 on RHEL 6) or if it's even possible.

Editing isn't a big deal since I set the SOS GUI to use emacsclient as the
editor.  However, I'd really like to use ediff / ediff-merge with SOS.  The
built-in diff is very basic and doesn't have the equivalent of refining regions.

I can hack a bit of elisp but nothing very complicated.

Thanks,

 David