Re: How to reload an updated library?

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: How to reload an updated library?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 13:40:01 +1100

On 2015-03-02T13:18:36+1100, Joost Kremers said:

JK> Alexis wrote:

>> [1] E.g. by doing M-x package-list-packages, then typing U to >> mark all upgradeable packages, then typing x to start the >> upgrade process.

JK> Actually, this doesn't guarantee that the upgraded packages are JK> loaded properly. I've found that there are cases where restarting JK> Emacs is an unfortunate necessity.

JK> Helm is in fact one of these cases:

JK> https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm#install-from-emacs-packaging-system

True! i typically don't need Helm updates that urgently, and restart either Emacs or my system on a regular basis, so i don't particular notice this issue.

Nevertheless, i would still suggest that people try to use the package system as much as possible, and only work around it when absolutely necessary (such as needing Helm updates as rapidly as possible).

Alexis.