Re: Emacs developers help wanted for Purdue University's Hack the Anvil

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Emacs developers help wanted for Purdue University's Hack the Anvil
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:28:10 -0500

    Thanks for the speedy responses folks!

        And as I said in my previous email, I have made two emacs minor
modes (one is evil-dvorak, which is available on melpa), but I'm just
not an expert emacs hacker.  And I probably won't become one before the
event.

       Anyway, I did not think to get on #emacs IRC to ask questions, so
I'll be sure to use that for the event! Thanks so much for that suggestion!

         However, IRC is a bit less than ideal.  Asking questions on IRC
is ok, but not great.  Every other sponsor at the event (ie: Apple,
Wolfram, pebble, MS, twilio, among others to name a few) will have a
seasoned developer present.  So if someone wants to use pebble's API,
they will get a quick speedy response from someone who knows exactly
what they're doing.

        So I would prefer to talk to some emacs developers via skype (or
some alternate program), because skype is soooo much faster at
communicating than IRC.  Is anyone willing to be on skype for a few
hours this weekend?

    Thanks,

    Joshua